Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gardening: Garden Beds



Next year I will paint these beds to match the house but until then, we will use them. My son and his friend filled them with a premium soil mix. I added a bag of peat moss and combined the soil and the peat moss.

We are planting tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, lettuce and herbs. I will keep you posted on either the success or failures.

I have had a lot of failures but that is the process of becoming a better gardener. Everyone thinks you put a plant in and it is always successful. If the plant dies, you think, “I didn’t take good enough care of the plant.” But that is not true, any successful gardener will tell you that some things work and sometimes things don’t work out. Nature is not a 100 percent endeavor. There is always failure. You learn in the process.

But here are some spring successes:







See, it isn't all vegetables. In the south, pansies are our winter flower. We are getting ready to make way for the impatiens and they will need to be ripped out, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia