Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Baking: Chrysanthemum Cupcakes

I thought I would make some cupcakes for our new office work space this weekend. I found these in a Martha Stewart cake decorating book. Okay, here is what they are suppose to look like:

I made a white cake cupcake batter and beat it until it was nice and fluffy.




I put the cupcake batter in a Ziploc bag. I use a bowl to spoon it in the bag.


lClip the corner of the bag. Now you can put the cupcake batter in the cupcakes without messing the sides


Coloring the frosting.






Decorating the cupcakes:
Add a green swirl on top of the cupcakes
I put a dollop of orange/yellow icing to make the center of the flower.

Here are what mine look like. Not too bad. Need a larger tip for the chrysanthemum petals. But my co-workers didn’t seem to mind…..buttercream frosting and cake…that is all that mattered to them. It is always good to have a captive audience to eat my practice efforts.


2 comments:

  1. That looks great! Good job. They look yummy. Keep up the good work can't wait to see future blogs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia