Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gardening: Please don't eat the daisies

Okay, Dear Hubby and I went to rescue the black-eyed susans and daisies after a big rain storm. The boys decided to help us by eating the flowers. Now I know where that song came from.

Even Monty is trying to eat the Black-eyed susans.

Look what a mess. The flowers are about 5 feet tall but splayed out very unladylike.





Look at how sad the daisies and dahlias look. The daisies are crushing the dahlias.




Okay, I need to dead head but hey, don't they look fantastic.

So I was wondering what to do with all the beautiful daisies after we straightened all the girls upright again.


I decided to cut a bunch of them and put them by the front door. My new $1 yard sale sign. The front looks like summer.


A closer look.

Okay, I think I need to keep cutting all summer. If I had enough nerve, I would fill up my daughter's boots and stuff flowers in there too.

5 comments:

  1. Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baw ah, kasagad sa imo maghimo blog. Nalingaw gd ko basa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better not put those flowers in my boots :)

    Love the blog.. hope more come soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia