Monday, August 18, 2008

Holiday Sewing: Thinking of Halloween

Okay, last Halloween the dogs and I delivered 24 bags of goodies and homemade sugar cookies to the older people of our church. I was a flower and the dogs were bumble bees....Cute right? Dear Hubby did not wear a costume. I think we need to change that for this year.

At nine years old, we left Churchill off the hook. The boys jumped in and out of the car 20 times and he would have not been happy about that.


I then spent the day posing them and decided as bumble bees they would have to sit in the flowers for the "money shot"

Here is my dear sweet Dickens who passed away tragically less than one month later. Hence the entrance of the puppy, Mr. Chaucer.

Anyway, back to this Halloween. Last year, I went to the store on Halloween to pick up something for my son's costume. All the dog costumes were on sale, 50 percent off.....SWEET. So I purchased this year's costumes......



Imagine an Old English Sheepdog not a poodle. Although some may argue that if you put a dog in these costumes, the dogs will become poodles. However, this brings me to the crux of the problem..... I thought I would make myself one of these
Can you imagine my plus size behind in this outfit? I will have to give it some careful thought... I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Jean Ann here from Blissfully Domestic…I am the Home and Garden Editor. I saw your comment on Nester and wanted to follow up to see if you are interested in being a contributor…could you send information about your blog/website, full name, email and description of what part of home and garden is most interesting to you in terms of your contributions? Come on over to www.gardenertofarmer.net and email me!

    Thanks and talk soon!
    Jean Ann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia