Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Painting: Le congélateur du Tubb

Okay, we have had this freezer for 14 years. I bet it was ten years old when we bought it. I have painted it twice with white appliance paint but I decided that if it wasn't going to die, it needed a new uplifted paint job.


We have always had an inventory problem. I forget what is in this sucker...it is not frost-free so sometimes I neglect it.

I decided to paint the front of this antique with chalkboard paint.


Then I can put the contents of the freezer on the front of it and will be much more organized and frugal. I probably will have to break out a June Cleaver dress and pearls....okay maybe not.

Here is the ugly freezer before.

And after.....



I then decided to give it a french label and some accessories.



Voila

Le congélateur du Tubb.... Much better.

3 comments:

  1. I love that! You can keep track of what's in there. Brilliant!!

    I try to be so careful about not letting food become petrified and ancient. Right now there's some fishes with faces (yuck) that look at me when I open the freezer. Don't know why hubby brought those home because I'm not about to cook them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant! I know that I have thought it for a while, but now I am SAYING it! I love this idea and I am not ashamed to say that I WILL be stealing it and using it one day in my own house. JL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this redo of your freezer! Chalkboard paint is one of the things I want to try to use on some projects this year. Thanks for the inspiration. Love your blog, all your great ideas and the energy and enthusiasm you generate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia