Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Furniture Painting: A Chest of drawers

Okay, I really wanted a new dresser but did not want to spend any money. I looked at yard sales, Craigslist, etc. However, in my garage was this horrible dresser from my in-laws home, we cleaned out after they passed. I had not gotten it to Goodwill yet.





Well after looking at all the wonderful blogs out there...I decided to bit the bullet and paint this chest. It had wonderful lines but still I thought it was an ugly duckling. The least I could do was use it until I decided to buy another.

I think it turned out really well. I sanded, primed and painted this beauty.

I even spray painted the handles rather than buy new ones. Yes, I know there are two handles missing. I am looking for a bolt for one of the handles.


I still have to shabby it up but it looks really pretty...who knew.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks fabulous! I love going from shabby to chic...furniture at least if I could find a secret for myself I'd be in good shape! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia