Friday, September 12, 2008

Sewing a little project

I found this cute bag at a yard sale for $1 a couple of weeks ago. It had a horrible plastic pocket in the front. You can still see the outline of the pocket. I yanked that sucker off.

Sadly, my mother passed away two and a half months ago. She had recently taken up quilting and had bought this beautiful sewing machine two weeks before she had died and her husband gave it to me.

It has a ton of really pretty stitches to quilt.


I decided to cover the ugly pocket area with a monogrammed quilted patch. So I cut and pinned the fabric and quilted the little patch, trimmed it with ribbon.





Then freehand sewed the monogram on the handbag.

Look, all done. Not bad for $1

6 comments:

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia