Thursday, October 23, 2008

Baking: Bridal Shower

Last year, I gave a bridal shower for my friend's daughter. She was a beautiful bride and we loved having her bridesmaid luncheon when her mother broke her elbow four days before the wedding.

Her colors were red and white. I made sugar cookies for favors. The cookies are big, very big, about 6 inches long.

We made the monograms from cardboard letters and I attached flowers to outline their letters.
The bride used them for her reception.

Serving drinks, we made Strawberry Margaritas. Those suckers made the shower much more fun.... okay it would have been fun without alcohol.

I made a cake with her colors.

The table:


We used fruit topiaries instead of the usual fruit salad. I think they turned out well.


Strawberry Margaritas. Strawberries were put in the bottom of the glass and tied ribbon around the bottom.

The beautiful bride in the middle surround by her wonderful mother and very beautiful maid of honor, her sister.
All in all a success

3 comments:

  1. How pretty and delicious! The red and white theme fit perfectly with your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you through Cupids Charm. I was totally intrigued by the name of your blog and can see by looking at some of your posts that you truly are "an accomplished woman". I just love that! The bridal luncheon would be a true highlight for any bride. You did such a wonderful job. I'm very impressed. I will be reading more. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you ARE an accomplished woman. I am having a baby shower for my sis-in-law and I am so going to use your topiary idea - the whole shower looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia