Friday, October 24, 2008

Sewing: New tablecloth and curtains

Redecorating the office....hey I need to show them the tablecloth. He is such a little ham.

I made this tablecloth for my reading table. Better without the dog.


I need to paint the shelves behind the table and will paint the fireplace.

Here are the curtains.
In deference to The Nester, I did not line them. Oh that feels worse than wearing white shoes after Labor Day!!! But I wanted them to look like a silk ballroom skirt rather than some dour drapes. Light and poofy.

But I will add fringe to the curtains. The material below is for an additional curtain.


Here is the chairs I have been painting.

Now here is the rug.....I ordered it from Walmart. Yes, Walmart. The 8 by 10 rug was $189.

I will let you know if I like it as much as the picture.

Next week, I will show you the table. I will be working one of the six shelves I need to paint.

6 comments:

  1. I like the colors you have going. Oh to have a girly room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love that color blue, so pretty! and the trim will look stunning too! you did a beautiful job on the skirt also! and im sure the fireplace will look fabulous painted !! what fun!

    Thanks for your sweet comments too! ~ hugs ~ cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job - thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad your daughter did not have to go to Iraq. I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty. I love skirted round tables too. Everything looks great!
    Take care, DebraK

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH, i like the colors and I love the rug! Can't wait to see it all finished! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lOVE what you did to those chairs. I think that trim will look great too on those curtains! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for a visit. I can't wait to see everything when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia