Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Paper: Pom Poms

So for the daughter' s birthday, I decided to make pom-poms for the pergola.

Here is the tools I used.

Tissue paper, raffia, wire, wire-cutters and scissors
Using 8 full sheets of tissue paper, I stacked them neatly.

Folding carefully every half an inch.

Until the tissue paper is folded all the way.


At the middle point, wrap a wire around and cut close to the tissue paper.


Round the edges of the tissue paper to make it more like a flower.

Carefully pull each sheet of the paper seperating the layers.

Repeat on the other side.

Here is your flower. Tie the rafia around the flower and it is ready to hang.

This is a preview for the party. I made 7 of these pom-poms for 6 dollars. I think these would be beautiful at a wedding. White tissue paper is cheap, cheap, cheap after Christmas. Or wouldn't they be pretty for a bridal or baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia