Monday, November 17, 2008

Cooking: Quiche

Today I have some leftover ham and cream. I need to use it up but also need to "stock the freezer" with future meals for the busy holiday season. I am making two quiches and two "individual" quiches.

Here is my "basic quiche recipe":

4 eggs
2 cups cream
1/4 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
Pinch of nutmeg

I am going to make Quiche Lorraine so take the basic recipe and add

1 c. grated Swiss cheese
1 c. diced ham
1/4 c. diced green onion

It makes all leftovers look very elegant. Of course, I forgot to take pictures but they looked like this...

Picture courtesy of Betty Crocker
Today, I am using store-bought pie crusts but we will need to make pie crusts for Thanksgiving and the numerous pies I am making.

Here is the results. Looks good.

8 comments:

  1. YUMMY! quiche is always a crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I used to make quiche and kind of forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time should I be there????? :)

    Looks delish!

    I love to make quiche lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness...I love this stuff! I make crab quiche all the time...and have tried the shrimp one. Gotta get me some in the freezer also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quiche! It's great for breakfast wtih bacon; lunch with a salad; or for dinner with some soup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab! And I love the idea of stocking up on meals for the busy holiday season. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello friend...I have never made quiche but I love all the ingredients that goes in one so I might have to give that a try...thanks so much for coming by...hope you and yours have a beautiful Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love quiche! I will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia