Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday: Christmas Decorations

December 13th, the home of a woman who works on our church and my friend burned to the ground. She, her husband and three boys lost everything. The entire church has been helping her set up a new home. A member of the church donated a condo they have been trying to sell. Helping someone who lost everything gives you a new perspective on Christmas.

She has great faith and really has been an inspiration to all that know her. Thankfully, her family will be at my home for Christmas.

I appreciate everything that I have; my faith, family, friends, this country and lastly, a home that is filled with love and beautiful things collected over the 25 years of marriage. I have a few more pictures of my decorations.

The baby Jesus


The entryway


The hutch in my kitchen

The Christmas Tree



Another view


This is one of my favorite ornaments, because my husband and I are like two peas in a pod.

This is the very first ornament that we bought as a family. My daughter reminds me of this angel every year.

And yes, the very Christmassy Star Wars ornament.


Or better than that, the Wicked Witch of the West

A very cute mouse eating a cookie.


Have a Merry Christmas, I will be delivering 28 cookie bags and will post pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Season! Love the decor and the marshmellows below look soooooo good! Blessings, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the peas in a pod! Your Christmas deco is so pretty! Here to Wish you and yours a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you and your church members to generously help your friend..
    Merry Christmas!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia