Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sewing: Christmas Tea Towel

I confess, I am an overachiever. So, as I was thinking about the 30 Christmas Cookie baskets that I deliver, I thought, "Why not stick in a Christmas towel to a couple of the ladies? How hard could it be.

My embroidery machine is new and I am getting familiar with the software, etc. Things which might intimidate a normal person but not me. So I plow ahead and this dang tea towel took me two days. Let me repeat, TWO DAYS!!!!! At Christmas!!! What am I thinking. Yes, it is pretty but two days. I could not figure out how to get the design from here




to here


Finally, it is embroidered.


Yes, the Santa is very cute.



Sewn and finished.



I don't think I will ever part with it but I missed the Christmas house tour, everyone on the internet, shopping, Christmas caroling, etc. Now that I know how to do it, I don't have time to make it. Oh well, the best intentions.

I think I need some chocolate.

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia, next year honey, next year! :) And yes, that Santa is super plump and cute!

    I hope you're not under too much ice down there - we actually got a bit of it last night and the kids are on a delay this morning. We all got up and ready and when the bus didn't come I thought "hmmm, better check for school delays" - and sure enough. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You should keep him, you worked so hard on it, and there's always next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so darn cute. I want a embroidery machine...hello Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santais just too cute,I do not think I would part with him either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute this little towel is! I also love the recipe and the idea for your homemade marshmallows! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia