Monday, December 01, 2008

Holiday: Thanksgiving Wrap up

I had every intention of posting through the holiday but was so busy that I was missing in action. So let me give a re-cap. Thanksgiving was wonderful.

Table set

Oven full of food



Appetizers

Nice action shot Shanna


Family




Buffet without Turkey


Buffet Table with Turkey



Dessert Sideboard, I actually had two more pies but no room.



My son loves mashed potatoes and would have eaten them at the table, if we had not stopped him.
Okay, kitchen after dinner....... two hours of cleaning.


Poor turkey. I put the carcass in a stock pot and cooked for about 8 hours. Now I have plenty of turkey stock.
Dinner: $40
Cooking dinner: 4 hours
Cleaning up after dinner: 2 hours
Time with family: Priceless.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Mashed potatoes are well loved by my sons too. :)

    I'm full aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun!!!! Why is it that all guys love the mashed potatoes??? My guys are the same way. Blessings, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a lovely Christmas prose...
    "The Unexpected Gift"
    I hope it helps you treasure your family this season...
    (it is my latest work)

    http://www.jlomowriter.blogspot.com/

    Thank you and many blessings...I really am happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Thanksgiving all looks WONDERFUL!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia