Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Announcement, a new addition to the family

We have a new addition to the family. Our daughter bought herself a new puppy, a Newfoundland boy named Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, or Mr. Darcy . A big name for a small puppy who will be huge in about 8 months. He will reach 120 lbs easily.


It was love at first sight. I only wish she would find a boyfriend as cute as the puppy.


He will also be with me for the next six months while she is finishing her Navy obligation. I get the puppy training..... my first taste as a grandmother. Oh oh.

So we pull out my fairly new Cricut and attempt to make some puppy announcements for friends and family.


We use two cartridges; the New Arrivals and Paper Pups.

Cutting out the Pups.

A couple of phrases:



Now to attach the cut outs to the cards, I use the Xyron 900. It is a wonderful machine that can laminate, make stickers and make magnets.


Here we are pulling off the cut outs off the sticker paper.



Adding the pup to the card.


Here is the card finished.


We added his vitals. Since he is the only animal in the house with a tail, we had to mention the tail was included. Apparently, newfoundlands can clear a coffee table with one wag.

We added a special touch to the envelop.

We love the Cricut. I presently use it about 10 percent of it's capacity but will work this year to use it more fully.

9 comments:

  1. That puppy is precious and so are the announcements. I love that cricut, I want one of my own! First I have to get the craft studio set up in my new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, cute puppy! Good luck with the new job as Grandmother/Trainer. I'm unfamiliar with Cricut but it looks really cool. Happy New Year from Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one super handsome little puppy - and what a good doggie Grandma you are - willing to take on the puppy challenge while your daughter is finishing up her obligations.

    And yes, the Cricket is heavenly. My friend Anita has one that I've used for several projects - scrapbooking, school, household, etc. It's definitely addicting. Can't wait to see what else you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie puppy and what a cute idea to send out announcements! Blessings to you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Darcy is adorable.....it would be pretty hard to find a boyfriend to top that cuteness!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Darcy it awesome,I am not sure she could ever find a boyfriend that could match up to that handsome young guy you have there.Love the announcement cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little puppy! Your announcements are darling--I do that everytime I bring home a new pet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those announcements look hawsum! You did a great job!

    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute dog! I dont envy you on the puppy training though!

    Great announcements love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia