Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have been tagged

I've been tagged by Vanessa at Lawsy Mercy to do a meme with six random things about me. According to Vanessa there are a few rules to go along with this meme and they are:

~ Link to the person that tagged you
~ Post the rules on your blog
~ Write six random thing about yourself
~ Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
~ Let each person know that they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
~ Let the tagger know when your entry is up

1. I have parachuted out of a perfectly good airplane more than 100 times. I was young and enthralled with the hot, hot, hot parachuters that hung out at my first waitressing job. My sister will be shocked to read this as I have never told my family about this aspect of my younger years.

2. I was engaged to my husband exactly 31 days after our first date. We have been married 25 years so I think it is working out.

3. While in college, I worked two summers at a punk rock bar in Wildwood, NJ and met Devo once. Of course the rest of the year, I went to a very conservative "preppy" college.

4. During college, I drove a gold VW with a Rolls Royce front end, very fabulously ghetto, before there was fabulous ghetto. I was ahead of my time.

5. I am a clothes horse. I have two walk-ins closets full of shoes, handbooks and clothes. I come from a long line of clothes horses. My great-grandmother loved to sew dresses for herself, her two daughters. My grandmother shopped in downtown Philadelphia every Saturday and she took me along. It was wonderful. Tea in the John Wanamaker's tea room. My grandmother wore pantyhose and a girdle to hang laundry in the back yard. My mother was a clothes horse, however she had a fetish with sailor outfits.

6. Cats hate me. I don't like them either and I coexist with my daughter's cat. The cat is fourteen years old and we have always lived with a sort of understanding that she doesn't bother me, I won't bother her. As my daughter went away to college and now is in the Navy, I have fed her, cleaned her cat box and let her out. We never liked each other. However, this last month, she has now taken to sleeping in my room. She wants me to pet her, follows me around, etc. I think she is getting old because I am the last person she would want to spend time with.... but here we are.

Vanessa said she didn't know my name. That is kind of sad, it is Cynthia. I don't like to write about myself or have my picture taken, so here is a very 80's picture of me when I was young, thin and sort of a bad ass.



So there you are six random things about myself.

Here are the dear folks I am tagging:

1. Kim at It's a Dog and Pony Show
2. Kimmy at The Cottage Cafe
3. Stacey at Poofing the Pillows
4. Tracey at I am me
5. Hill at My life at UT
6. Shanna at Big Dreams Come to those that believe

9 comments:

  1. Cynthia! I knew some of that, but that is quite the bad ass picture of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! And yes, I'll bet you were a real bad ass in that fabulously ghetto VW! HILARIOUS!

    I too hate getting my picture taken! Ugh.

    And thank you for tagging me - I think I'm going to work on it for a post next week. And why the heck would any perfectly intelligent woman jump out of a plane?....Oh, that's right, when we were young, the things we'd do to get the attention of hot guys.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting stuff! :)
    I enjoyed learning more about you...and learning your name..I did not know it either! Thanks for tagging me, I will play along, and let you know when I have done it.
    Tracey
    P.S. I was a "bad ass" back in the 80's too...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #2 and #6. I hate cats and they hate me as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag! Now I have to sing,

    Whip it, whip it good!!

    I can't believe you jumped out of a plane all those times and your family never knew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on our blogging...stopping by to say hello!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. # 2 and #5 are just like me! However, forget that parachute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cynthia - so nice to know your name! I loved your post; very interesting! You cracked me up with the bad ass comment! BWAHHHH! I am not sure I was ever a "bad ass" but I hear ya on the younger and thinner, unfortunately. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom, nice picture! hahahahaha

    I finished it... I am not nearly as creative as you.. I love you so much. Miss you too... :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia