Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Cooking: Chicken Fettucini Verde

This is my absolutely favorite pasta dish. I once had an authentic Italian cook at my home who told me I could never make better pasta than he. I whipped up this dish for him and he cried "uncle". He admitted that this dish was better.

I thought I would share it with you.


Heat 3 T. olive oil. Add one onion until lightly brown (6 to 8 minutes).


Add 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms and continue to cook.


Add 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 c. of butter, 3 ounces of sliced ham, 1 tomato, I used grape tomatoes that I had on hand, and 1 t.basil.



Bring to a gentle boil and gently boil uncovered for five minutes.



Cook 9 oz of fettuccini to al dente.



When fettuccini is cooking, add 2 c. cooked chicken, 1/2 c. whipping cream and 1/2 c. chopped parsley,


1/2 c. of dry sherry



1/8 t. nutmeg to mushroom-ham mixture.





Mix gently until hot.


Add fettuccini and mix gently.



Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve with cheese, add to taste.



This dish is very good reheated, usually there are no leftovers.



Chicken Fettucini Verde

3 T. olive oil

1 large onion

8 oz. mushrooms

2 cloves garlic

¼ c. butter

3 oz. thin sliced ham

1 medium tomato chopped

1 t. basil

9 oz. fettuccini

2 c. cooked chicken

½ cup each whipping cream and chopped parsley

½ c. dry white wine or dry sherry

1/8 t. nutmeg

salt and pepper

½ c. grated parmesan cheese


P.S. This is what your husband does while waiting for dinner.


He does love football, pasta and me...... hopefully not in that order

7 comments:

  1. Cynthia~

    That looks simply DELISH! And for me to say that right now with still no appetite, is a HUGE compliment! I'm totally going to make that recipe - and believe it or not, I have MUSHROOM and TOMATO eaters over here.

    And I sure hope your husband was watching the OSU/Texas Fiesta Bowl. :) I'm hoping he wasn't rooting for Texas though. Too bad the Buckeyes couldn't pull it all the way off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy.My hubby loves pasta. I may just have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds seriously yummy. I'm going to have to remember that recipe and come back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is right up my alley... can't wait to make it! I know DH will love it to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy but I bet the Ww points would be through the roof! I will still try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That looks wonderful! And I know my husband would love it because he loves tomatoes and mushrooms. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynthia, What time will this be ready! I will be there...lol Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia