Friday, January 23, 2009

Needle Felting: My Valentine's Hearts

I adore needle felting. I am a novice, if you don't know by now, I am a novice at everything, but I try. I decided to make some cute heart pins for Valentines.

Start with roving and a needle felting tool.

Wrap the roving around a stick to form an oval.

Start needle felting.


This is the heart after 5 minutes. I also shape it into the form of a heart as I am working.



Finished, after about 15 minutes.


I sewed a pin to the backside of the heart.



I decided to embellish it with some red beads.

And some silver beads.

I sewed the beads on individually.

All finished.


I made another one and sewed tiny pearls on it.

I heart you......


11 comments:

  1. That's so old fashioned and sweet. :) I've wondered before how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very darling! I have a very good friend that needle felts; omgosh, I treasure the things she has made that I own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo impressed! What a beautiful art! Sweet heart! <3

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how adorable! I heart both of them! Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. I am interested in your felted wool hearts. So cute!
    That wallpaper story was a hoot. You must have had sore hands for days! Hey, is that a Wheatie in your pictures? I have a sweetie Wheatie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. I am interested in your felted wool hearts. So cute!
    That wallpaper story was a hoot. You must have had sore hands for days! Hey, is that a Wheatie in your pictures? I have a sweetie Wheatie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Do you read a blog called Storybook Woods (Clarice - I have it on my sidebar). One of daughters is very into needle felting and very good at it.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    I was drawn to check out your blog 'cause I really liked the name! I never heard of needle-felting before. The heart sure came out cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia