Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gardening: Vegetable Garden Plan

Today, I drew out my vegetable garden plans for this year. Last year, my son installed three raised vegetable beds for his grateful mother.


This year we are adding three more beds. However, we have to start with a plan. So I drew up this new plan.


I am planting one and a half beds of tomatoes, a bed of peppers.

Expanding into carrots, peas and green beans.

I laid out the dates for germination, time to maturity and the best time for planting. I mapped out on a calender to sow seeds in the ground and the greenhouse.

Now, the next step is to determine what varieties I want to plant and to check for any changes in germination, etc.

I also made a list of any garden supplies I may need.

I have decided to use a cold frame for lettuces this spring.



I am also either going to make this composter or buy it.



Pretty soon, my garden will look like this.... from last year.


Next steps, order seeds, clean out greenhouse and check garden equipment. I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Someone must be counting the days until spring! I cannot wait to follow the progress of your raised beds. I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is ambitious. Thank you for being a "Comment Queen". Your award is at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool blog you have. Hope you don't mind me stopping by. I love the garden plan. They do help. My only problem is that I want the plan being done now. Spring, hurry up and get here.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Oh how I wish I were your neighbor! I am a terrible gardener and would love to learn more about the art of growing things! I did have some moderate success with the square foot gardening method. Your plans look wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw you around and wanted to stop in and say hi! I need to plant a garden. This should inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia