Sunday, February 08, 2009

Blissdom '09 and some awards

Okay, first of all, let me say that these women, ALL 300 of them were freaking awesome. Everyone I talked to was so interesting and smart. Just like you girls, they are super talented and sooooo nice.

I was very intimidated that I didn't ask a single one of them to take a picture of me. I guess I am not the Perez Hilton of female bloggers.

Sadly, I was sitting by myself at dinner because I didn't know a soul and Kim of Endless Possibilities was at the table next to me telling a hilarious story to the Nester and some of the most awesome bloggers. Being sort of a gossip, of course, I was listening and laughing. They noticed and asked me to join their group. First of all, thanks ladies because I did look like a loser and secondly, you ladies were so gracious to invite me.

Here is one of the sessions with Tsh of Simple Mom. She was totally cool and very knowledgeable.

The Nester, extremely nice and gracious to all who met her. She and her sister are so lovely.

Melissa Michaels of The Inspired Room. She is an extremely talented designer and very humble. Melissa, you are so kind.

Megan Jordon of The Velveteen Mind. A wonderful writer and speaker.

Allison Worthington as Mrs Fussypants. She founded Blissfully Domestic and the co-founder of the conference. I just want to put a Steeler's head on her. Haha! She is hilarious, but looks a little serious here.

Again, thanks ladies for an awesome time. I left totally inspired.

And then I came home and Walking on Sunshine blessed me with two awards. She is an awesome Christian lady who has such a great and compelling faith. She is very encouraging and uplifting to read.




I really appreciate everyone who takes the time out of their busy day to stop by and look at what I try to accomplish. You guys are so amazing. I am honored to know you.

10 comments:

  1. Well I just love your blog and it's fun to come here. Have I ever told you that I love the name of your blog? It's perfect!

    Glad you got to go to Blissdom. I'm jealous! Did they say where it is next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. C~

    So glad you had a wonderful time! See, what a big girl you turned out to be -- and it was all fine -- and I think you even had fun! :)

    One of the things I've heard over and over at some of these blogging conferences is that the bloggers are so warm and inviting. It always makes you feel better when someone includes you -- cause Lord knows those feelings of the playground can come rushing back just like that. And I'm glad you didn't have that. :)

    Wonderful week to you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i have to tell you lady - was impressed and really enjoyed talking to YOU! i'm glad you joined our group. hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great time! Wish I could have gone, but there's a reason why some of us have to stay home...to hear about it through your eyes!!! Love the pictures, thanks for letting us now all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AC,

    We were delighted to have you grace our table! I really enjoyed meeting you and I can still hear Kim's voice and laughter lurking in my head--can you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my thoughts:

    "Don't say anything dumb. Don't say anything dumb"

    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

    Thank you so much for being part of our awesome party.

    I hope we can all be together again next year!

    Love, alli

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOODNESS!!! I AM SO JEALOUS! YES, I NEED TO BE SCREAMING RIGHT NOW!

    Jason told me you went and I screamed!! I SO wanted to go... Okay, now I have to go check out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I am so glad you went and had a wonderful time! Oh, how I wish I could have been there! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Idea! I would be interested in getting together with the K-town bloggers! Oh, don't go to the Big lots on Broadway..thats where I went last night and I got the last one. You might want to check Kingston pike or Oakride, Clinton also has a good big lots. Good luck! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia