Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cooking: Strawberry Plum Pork Roast

It was well established yesterday that I have spring fever. In the spirit of spring, I made a delicious pork roast and roasted potatoes.


Start with a 3 pound pork loin.



Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the entire roast. Mix 1 c. fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup plum perserves and 1/2 cup of strawberry preserves. 1 t. ground cumin. The cumin gives the sauce a little smokey heat.




Mix together and spread like a glaze over the pork roast.



Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes per pound. I also quartered some potatoes, tossed in oil and roasted next to the pork. The potatoes benefit from the glaze on the pork.

Cook until the internal temperature is 155 degrees. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.

I garnished the dish with some fresh strawberries.


A lovely dish that tastes like spring.



Strawberry Plum Pork Roast

3 lb. pork roast
1 c. sliced strawberries
1/2 c. plum preserves
1 t. ground cumin
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season the pork all over with salt and black pepper.

In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, strawberry preserves, plum preserves, boysenberry preserves, and cumin. Mix well. Pour the mixture all over the larger portion of the pork.

Lightly cover potatoes with oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Spread potatoes all around the pork.

Roast for 20 minutes per pound, or until an instant-read thermometer reads at least 160 degrees F (the meat may still be pink in the center).

Let the pork rest for 10 minutes.

10 comments:

  1. Cynthia,

    Oh my word! That looks DELISH! Do you ever make anything that doesn't look or taste good?....

    And it not only looks delicious, it's beautiful! Yes, very springy for sure. I'm printing off that recipe. :)

    Hugs, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berries with cumin on a pork roast....yummy! I will definitely have to try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, I have never heard of this, but girl...it sounds and looks divine!!!!! Vanessa and I had talked about going to a Williams Sonoma Cooking Class..but I think...we will just go to Cynthia's Cooking Class...hee hee ;) Really, that looks so good and I bet it was good!...
    I know, I can't wait for Spring...It won't be long! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely delicious!!! I have never heard of putting strawberries on top of pork! Looks very pretty...company pretty!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberrys and a roast? Brilliant! Much smarter than my fajitas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely you are going with us! I sent Vanessa a message today about it..but I haven't heard back from her yet. One of us will let you know! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I've used my canned apple or pear butter, and chutneys. I have a jar of cherry chutney I'm going to try. If it's good, should I mail you a jar? :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to *attempt* to make this for the family for Mother's Day. I'll let you know how it turns out!! - hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was WONDERFUL! Definitely going in my recipe book! Thanks for sharing! - hilary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia