1. I have not seen one of the five movies nominated.
2. My favorite actors and actresses are long gone.
3. Most of the old stars I love, served their country in WWII or helped with the old Hollywood canteen; a place where service men and women could go and the stars would entertain, dance and serve them.
4. I don't like the way movie stars of today behave, in their defense, some of the old stars had messy lives but thankfully we were unaware.
5. And most importantly, the movies that used to win Oscars were classics. I recently watched "No Country for Old Men". This movie won the Oscar last year for best film of the year. It was a depressing, disguisting blood bath that glorified a homicidal murderer and drug trade. I would never watch that terrible depressing movie again. I also watched Gone with the Wind yesterday and would watch that 100 more times. Hollywood does not make movies for me or my family. I cannot honor them as they do not honor me.
A trip down memory lane:
Oh Carole Lumbard
And the sweet Judy Garland
Thank you for all the fine movies that my family enjoys over and over again. I will be putting in a classic and honor the old days of Hollywood.