Monday, March 16, 2009

Baking: Fondant Cupcakes

Recently, I have wanted to try fondant on cupcakes. Oh I know the fabulous Bakerella and Pioneer Woman are going to do a tutorial on fondant cupcakes, I decided to try it on my own with the help of Miss H.


Besides, I had already used fondant on cakes.


So here goes: I did not take pictures of coloring fondant but I will do that in another post. Basically, you work the color throughout the fondant like kneading bread. Put a little in the middle and keep folding until the color is completely through the fondant.


Next sprinkle a board with confectioner's sugar. And roll out the fondant.

Cut circles out of the fondant. I used a plastic cup that fit pretty closely to use.

More covered cupcakes. Oh why couldn't I have gotten the fondant on there straight?


We decided to try to make puppy cupcakes, as Churchill's birthday is this week.


Here are the puppy cupcakes with ears, eyes and noses on them.

We made ribbon roses by cuting the fondant in strips and roll tightly. To make it look more like a rose, I pushed open the petals a little. Added little strips of fondant and attached everything with buttercream icing.



I added some gel icing for the eyes. Umm, obviously I am not as meticulous as Bakerella.


I hope he likes his new girlfriend: she is a honey, even if I do say so myself.

Reminder For Lent:
I am turning off the blog comments on this blog until Easter. I love my blog friends and will put my email in my profile to hear from you. I will follow all of your blogs. My purpose is to focus on him not myself.