Monday, March 02, 2009

Cooking: Herb Goat Cheese stuffed Chicken Breast

Do you want a recipe that is good enough for company, cheap and looks like you worked forever in the kitchen but is really easy?

Start with split chicken breasts. Loosen the skin on the chicken to create a pocket.



Cut several thin disks of the herb goat cheese. I use herb goat cheese because it adds a tremendous amount of flavor versus regular goat cheese. Cover the goat cheese with basil leaves.



Next rub olive oil on the skin and season with salt and paper.



Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts. Insert meat thermometer until it reaches 165 degrees.


I added new potatoes, cut in half, sprinkled with oil and seasoned with salt and pap


See how wonderful it looks?


Company ready in 35 to 45 minutes.


As a side note, a local store here has split chicken breasts for 99 cents a pound..... now it is a bargain.

I adapted this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa.

Reminder For Lent:
I am turning off the blog comments on this blog until Easter. I love my blog friends and will put my email in my profile to hear from you. I will follow all of your blogs. My purpose is to focus on him not myself.