Monday, March 30, 2009

Housekeeping: Spring Cleaning your bathroom drawers

Most blog posts I do are fun and creative. New recipes, new ideas, new sewing projects, but occasionally, I have to write about actual housekeeping. In the spring, I manage to try to get this house spring cleaned.

Okay, I confess, I hate to clean the bathroom. EVERYTHING IN THE BATHROOM AND THE DANG BATHROOM ITSELF. But once a year, I attempt to clean out the bathroom drawers. I go through my makeup, clean the drawer itself and the organizer.

Here is my ugly, blue contact drawer. Eventually we are going to replace this vanity and I am scared of what may be underneath the contact paper. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

018 copy

All the makeup on the counter. Oh yes, my crown leftover from my birthday.

016 copy

Not so pretty.

021 copy

Okay, all organized. Now don’t you feel better?

Next we are going to clean the make-up brushes. I don’t use all of these brushes but thought let’s clean them to go with the cleaned drawers.

023 copy

I get all the brushes wet and then wash the bristles with a little soap.

025 copy

Once they are thoroughly rinsed, squeeze any extra water out and line them up to dry.

029 copy

I wash make-up brushes once a month. The entire process takes 15 minutes. So ladies, clean your brushes. They will be dry by tomorrow. And while your at it, clean out your drawers.

Reminder For Lent:
I am turning off the blog comments on this blog until Easter. I love my blog friends and will put my email in my profile to hear from you. I will follow all of your blogs. My purpose is to focus on him not myself.