Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Organization: Spring Cleaning my Kitchen

A totally organized a clean kitchen!!! Okay, it didn't start out that way. After two days, this is how it looks.


As you know every day, I have a plan and stick to it. Well, spring fever has hit me big time at the old homestead. After a winter of baking and cooking, my kitchen is disorganized, too small and frankly the cabinets need a good cleaning.

After spending the winter thinking how I could squeeze more room out of my kitchen, I have come up with a plan.

1. Draw up a plan on how you use the kitchen. Prioritize them after you answer these four questions.
  • How often do you use your baking items
  • How often do you use your big pots
  • How often do you use your electric appliances.
  • How often do you use your serving pieces
  • In addition, I have many big tupperware type pieces
2. Take everything out of the kitchen cabinets.

Now let me preface this by saying that no one has been home for the last two days to do this chore. So here it is, I am just keeping it real.





What a mess!!!!

3. Clean out your pantry, check the expiration dates on all items.


4. Scrub your cabinets down inside and out.


5. Put everything away according to your kitchen plan.







This is where I keep my baking dishes and some serving pieces.


The last thing I do is clean all the dishes. These dishes could not fit in the dishwasher.




Three bags of trash and two boxes for goodwill.

A note to my family: I am sorry I rearranged everything again. I know you will not know where to put the dishes or the groceries. It is okay, I promise not to move anything for at least six months.


Reminder For Lent:
I am turning off the blog comments on this blog until Easter. I love my blog friends and will put my email in my profile to hear from you. I will follow all of your blogs. My purpose is to focus on him not myself.