Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cooking: Menu Planning Week ending May 1st


This weeks menu plan:


Sunday: Pork Roast with Mustard Roasted Potatoes
Monday: BLT
Tuesday: Bibb Salad with Blue Cheese dressing
Wednesday: Church
Thursday: Calzone
Friday: Chicken Quesadillas
Saturday: Roasted Shrimp with Cheese Grits
Peanut Butter and Jam Bars for hubby's work

Grocery List Necessary:

Red Potatoes
Strawberry Jam
Peanuts
Cheddar Cheese
Flour Tortillas
Bread
Bibb Lettuce
Blue Cheese
Mozzerella Cheese

Already have:

Pork Roast
Bacon
Tomatoes
Pizza Crust
Roasted Chicken
Shrimp
Cheddar Cheese
Grits


I will make the pork in the oven with the peanut butter and jelly bars. The bacon will go in the oven once the peanut butter bars are finished. I will shred all the cheeses, make the dressing and wash and save the lettuce.

Everything else is pretty much done or needs to be done closer to the day it is used.

4 comments:

  1. Great list and nice that you plan ahead. Laughed when I read your previous post on ironing. I really don't enjoy it!!! But try to keep up with it so I'm not overwhelmed! I'm going to plan my menu out this week as well so I'm not running around crazy trying to thaw frozen meat at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be over saturday for the shrimp and grits...YUM!!! LOL
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, your menu sounds alot like what we might eat. I am trying really hard to stock up on groceries when they are on sale. I've been reading some blogs of the serious coupon shoppers. I don't know that I will ever achieve what they do but I'm going to concentrate on groceries at better prices.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia