Thursday, April 02, 2009

Gardening: Cleaning out my spring garden

My name is Cynthia and I am a lazy gardener. I feel so much better to get that off my chest. Let me clarify what I mean by lazy. I work very hard in the garden until ummm August…. then I could crash and burn. Now this year, I am going to pace myself and try to be a good gardener in August, September and October.


So to clear my conscious. I am going to share my bad gardening with you all…

Let’s start with the good news. Some of my herbs survived the winter. I will plant more parsley and compare the tastes.

005 copy

Here is my garden as of March 15th. Notice, not cleared and a total mess.

003 copy

Geez, first the bathroom and now the garden. It has been kind of embarrassing.

So with I grabbed my garden gloves, pruners, and a shovel and got to work.

008 copy

Better, I still need to add compost and rototill for new tomatoes. This year, we will underplant with basil and parsley.

009 copy

Well, tomato stacks nicely stacked. Too bad it wasn’t November rather than March.

011 copy

A good start!!!! But there is a lot more to do.

Reminder For Lent:
I am turning off the blog comments on this blog until Easter. I love my blog friends and will put my email in my profile to hear from you. I will follow all of your blogs. My purpose is to focus on him not myself.