Monday, April 06, 2009

Holiday: Homemade Marshmallow Peeps


People feel passionate about Peeps. Some people absolutely love them and some people despise them. I am completely indifferent, except for my girlfriends that I call my Peeps. I adore them. But that is another post.

I started with my homemade marshmallow recipe, and filled a ziploc bag with a large Ateco tip.

Next, I filled a pie plate with yellow crystallized sugar. I also had some pink and green sugar ready.


I piped the shape of a chick.




And covered him with sugar. I am not adding eyes, because I think they are a little creepy.



I also made marshmallow drops.





I am going to wrap each one of them separately with glycine and ribbon. They are another addition for my special Easter baskets.

Reminder For Lent:
I am turning off the blog comments on this blog until Easter. I love my blog friends and will put my email in my profile to hear from you. I will follow all of your blogs. My purpose is to focus on him not myself.