Monday, April 27, 2009

Organiation: Goal Setting #2

Last week we started learning about Goal Setting. So how do you go about setting a goal? Where do you start?

For the next couple of days, be intentional. What are you drawn to? I started with Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Try to answer the following questions:

1. What interests you?

2. What are you drawn to?

3. What brings you joy?

4. If you could buy three things, what would you buy?

5. At a library or book store, what are you reading?

6. Who do you admire and why?

Next week, we will work on how to identify the goals in your life.


This sign hangs at the flying club that we belong to.... it doesn't seem like positive reinforcement for one of my goals.

Reminder: Leave a comment on this post to win a fabulous planter and my spring tea towels.


7 comments:

  1. Being intentional sounds so easy and basic, but it is harder than it sounds! I have never had trouble with setting goals and reaching them. I think it is my type A personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey is right, it's hard. I do think that I can be intentional for a few days though...and I need to be. I find myself wasting so much time these days. It's because I'm drawn to this computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say be intentional, I do not mean work harder. What I mean is, think about what you like doing and what you don't like to do. For Stacey, she is not wasting time on the computer. She likes the computer so why is that wasting time? She is learning a skill. That is why I want you to think about what you like to do.... It is leading somewhere... we aren't there yet.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to write these questions down and think about them over the course of my day. I have been struggling so much lately with finding true purpose in my life and being excited about ANYTHING. Hope to find some answers soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, did I know you belonged to a flying club?....I'm assuming that means someone flies something....

    Great post Cynthia -- lots to process over here.

    Monday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you make my excessive computer time sounds positive!!

    I really like your idea of thinking and acting intentionally. There are just some things that don't get accomplished because I spend too much time computing. For example, baking for neighbors, finishing a project, etc. I would hate to someday say, "I intended to do that" about something that was important. I do think that our time should be spent in ways that mean something to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sign is hysterical! Sprite just came out of my nose!

    Obviously I had a mouth full when I read it! haha

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia