Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sewing: A "Cynthia" Pulitzer skirt


Okay, it really isn't "Cynthia" Pulitzer. But I decided to make my daughter a cute skirt for this summer. I loved this fabric.



Take a closer look.


I did not hem it because I think she will want it shorter. Also, when you sew a pattern, make sure you line up the front and back.



This skirt is lined and has a zipper. But over all, it took about one and one-half hour to make. Total cost $13 and that included the pattern. I hope she likes it.



Okay, let's draw the prize from last Friday's giveaway. First, look at my fabulous pot from yard sales this weekend. $2. And it matches my office.



Back to the drawing:

Congrats to Heather. She has a very cute blog. Y'all should go check it out.


Okay, I am off to sew something else cute. I am on a roll!!!!

10 comments:

  1. S will look adorable in that skirt! And $13 -- WOW! That's amazing! And she'll be able to wear that with lots of colors -- I see a bright pink tee and some sassy flip-flops with painted piggies!

    Congrats to Heather! Lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is awesome!! I love the print and it's obvious that it's well made. :) I agree with Kim about the pink tee and flip flops. What more could a girl want in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers...love the skirt! *sniff* Sad I didn't win, but happy for Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is just too cute! It's so neat looking...and I love the flip flop fabric!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable skirt...you daughter is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skirt! Very cute! Congrats to Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynthia, While you're on a roll...I will give you my measurements...for a skirt just like that! It is adorable!!!
    Congrats to Heather!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is very cute. $13 and 30 minutes. I am so jealous. I wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Heather! That is a darling skirt you have made...love the colors and print!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Heather!
    The skirt is so adorable...I bet your daughter is gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia