Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baking: Strawberry Cake


Doesn't this look like spring? Since strawberries are in season, I thought I would show you a quick, easy and elegant dessert.

Start with a yellow cake mix. I froze these cakes to have them for an emergency, you never know who might show up and need cake at a moment's notice.


I used a pint of strawberries that were washed, sliced and macerated. A fancy word to say they were sprinkled with sugar and allowed to develop their own juices. Spoon them onto the first layer of yellow cake. Top with whipped cream or cool whip. I used cool whip.



Top with the second layer of yellow cake.



Add more cool whip or whipped cream and top with your strawberries. If I had had enough cool whip, I would have covered the sides as well.



Such a pretty dessert and took barely any time at all.

P.S. Thank you so much for all your kind words yesterday. You are all so awesome and I really appreciate it. I am working my way through the grief.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my...I'll be right over!!! That looks SO YUMMY!!!! Sounds easy enough too, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some macerated strawberries! :)

    I'm with Carmen -- I'm on my way. Should I pick up the Starbucks?....

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that looks so yummy...I love strawberries....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH How Devine!!!! So simple but yet so beautiful! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm!! I'm going to just enjoy the picture. We are cutting calories here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heavenly! Your cake looks delicious!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is why I love coming to your blog. I NEVER would have thought to freeze cake for an emergency visit!!! Love the cake and the pictures. It looks yummy!

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so yummy!
    I had strawberries tonight at a friend's house and they were huge...I had never seen strawberries so big! They were really good too!!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia