Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cooking: Chipolte Lime Chicken Tacos



We love Mexican food at our home and I thought I would try a new recipe.

So you 1 large roasted chicken (about 4-6 lbs),


I cut up





In 2 Tbsp olive oil, brown the chicken pieces



Next, take these ingredients; 1/2 c. of each lime juice and honey 1/4 c. chopped cilantro, 2 large dried peppers, 1/2 onion chopped, 3 T dijon mustard, 1 T. tomato paste, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 t. ground cumin, 1/2 t. allspice and salt


Then, chop 2 chipotle chiles in adobo




Add all the ingredients to a blender.



And blend:


After the chicken is browned, deglaze the pan with 1 c. water and 1/2 c. red wine. Add chicken, and the sauce back in the dutch oven. Cover and bake in 250 degree oven for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Your house will smell heavenly.


Remove chicken and reduce the sauce by half on top of the stove.


Remove all the meat, you should be able to do this with a fork as the meat is so tender.

I chopped up an avocado, tomatoes and lettuce. Shredded some cheddar.


You have the most glorious chicken to put on your tacos, burritos or nachos. A little effort but so worth it.




Chipotle Lime Chicken for tacos

1 large roasted chicken (about 4-6 lbs), cut in 8 pieces
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 c. lime juice
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. cilantro
2 chipotle chiles in adobo
2 large, mild dried peppers
1/2 onion, chopped
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cumin, ground
1/2 tsp allspice, ground
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. water
1/2 c. red wine

7 comments:

  1. That is exactly the kind of food we would enjoy! I'm printing now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, Everything you do looks so perfect!!!! I am going to write this down!!!
    Your pictures are beautiful!!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too complicated for me! Could you be a doll and send me the link to your chicken salad recipe again? I forgot to write it down and can't find it! I want to try it out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,

    that really looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. I've never cut up a chicken though. I guess I could just buy the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do a similar recipe, but use Tilapia filets seared in my grill pan...delicsh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a similar recipe, but use Tilapia filets seared in my grill pan...delicsh!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia