Friday, May 22, 2009

Gardening: Peonies Photo

I have a group of friends that absolutely do not need anything, that includes me. This year, I thought I would make them photo notecards with pictures from my garden. Since the peonies are blooming so beautifully, I took some pictures. But one stood out and I thought I could make it prettier with Photoshop and especially Pioneer Woman's actions. Actions are repeated steps you take in Photoshop. Pioneer Woman did all the work and if you have Photoshop, sorry, not you cannot use with Photoshop elements. Her actions are awesome and free!!!!


Straight out of the Camera:

f stop 4.0
ISO 250
Shutter Speed 1/500


With the Boost Action:



Quick Edge Burn Action:



Lovely and Ethereal Action:




Black and White Action:




Vintage Action:




PW Black and White Action:


Soft and Faded Action:

I think the soft and faded action is my favorite. One card photo down, seven more to go.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the last one especially. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. What a pretty color. I like how you showed it in all different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that post made me excited for my peonies to bloom!!! Hopefully next week or so.

    At any rate, I love soft and faded, with vintage being a close 2nd. What a lovely gift idea Cynthia. You are so generous!!!

    Friday HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,

    they are beautiful shots...I need to learn how to do that...love the vintage and the black and white...your friends are fortunate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Cynthia, When I saw that last one...I said...that's my favorite! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! PW is very generous with her actions. Love them! Great idea for gifts ;0) Oh, and made the chicken salad today... Thanks and YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You blog looks like something I shouldn't have been missing out on! I'll have to spend more time. (I'm sneaking in from doing yard work with my husband):)

    I'm fascinated with your peony photography. I would love to learn more about taking great pictures instead of good pictures.

    Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cynthia,
    What a great idea! How pretty this is...i am with you the last one is my favorite too!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. And I love the last one as well! I have a friend who does the exact same thing, takes nature pictures and makes them into cards. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia