Monday, May 04, 2009

Organization: Goal Setting - Week 3

So how did you do? If you want to catch up, here is Week 1 and Week 2

One of my goals. I want to be a gourmet cook and baker.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know I am a good cook. My mother was a terrible cook and I really wanted to be a good cook. But now I am talking about developing recipes, upper end "foodie" cooking.

Like Julia:


Or Ina:

Or Jacques:

So here the first steps to achiev:


  • State each goal as a positive statement:

" I will be a gourmet cook."

  • Be precise: Set a precise goal, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement. If you do this, you will know exactly when you have achieved the goal, and can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.

1. I will spend an hour a week looking for a new "gourmet" recipe to attempt.
2. I will learn one cooking skill a month to master the art of cooking.
3. I will host one dinner "party" a month to subject others to my cooking.
4. I will sign up for one cooking gourmet cooking class in the next three months.

Now I will not necessarily use the "new" recipe to experiment on my guests.

This goal is an elephant and requires eating it one bite at a time. It would be impossible for me to get any better by "wishing" I knew how to cook better. I have to work at it.


What goals have you dreamed up?

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Cynthia! I am enjoying your organization ideas. I noticed your goals to research and build a rose bed. We did that at our last house. Researched, went to classes, and planted. It turned out beautifully!

    You have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also enjoying your posts on this subject! I think one goal I have is to be a great mom, better than what I am. And to be better at planting my garden. I started this year by seeds and hubby has decided to work with me on our vegie garden so it's a goal we both are working on. Thanks for helping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals are to take as good of care of myself as I have been of my family...forgot about myself over the years..have lost 20lbs. so far and putting more me time in..I'm more enjoyable to be around I think..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia,
    These are great ideas...I love the way you show steps to accomplish a goal...what a great tool for organization! = )

    Thanks for your visit to my blog, and for your kind words! So very nice to "meet" you.

    Blessings,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia