Friday, May 08, 2009

Running with Dogs

A couple of weeks ago, an innocent game of football went on in the yard. It all started with an orange ball and soon it became four against one. Or 16 paws against two "cross country" running feet. I mean she just bent down to get the orange ball.


And then started to run!


And run!


But one of the boys got the ball.


And she got it from him.


Turned and ran!!!


Oh, she must have gotten hot!!!


She got the ball again!!


And a quick turn to free herself from the defenders


Another quick turn!


Touchdown!!!


As I sat and took these pictures, I realize that this is my favorite place on the earth. My family and these dogs are my favorite people!! Okay the dogs are not people but I love them. I love mowing this yard, weeding these flower beds, cleaning this house, washing their clothes, feeding them, and washing these dogs. I loved doing it when my children were little and I still love doing it. Some people say, "Oh I don't want X,Y or Z because it is too much work." I would work 18 hours a day for this family, dogs and home. And to be honest, I have some days.

Mother's Day is a day to honor their mother but really it is I who am honored!!!

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day. :)

    Off to bathe one big stinky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes also work 18 hours a day and then some! But I agree with you, my family is my favorite! Enjoy your day. Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel exactly the same way, no place on earth I'd rather be than home with my family and furbabies:) Very nice pics, looks like everyone had fun and got a good work out, lol! Have a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cynthia, AMEN Sista! Happy Mothers Day to you! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia,

    Looks like a good time was had by all...I love catching photos of my family when they don't realize I'm watching...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is rewarding, isn't it?!?

    Love the action pics. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our animals are people in our family, too.

    This post made me smile.

    Happy Mother's Day Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love a great game like that :)
    I hope you have a very special Mother's Day!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun! Our little dog likes to chase the boys when they are playing football, she wants to be in on the action.

    What a great perspective! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog!

    Wanted to share our may giveaway- Click below
    Free Mindy Weiss Products!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cythia,

    That post made me well up -- in fact when I read it the other day I couldn't comment -- because I was all sniffely. :)

    I love the joy on S's face -- even though she's an adult now, I'll bet it's wonderful to see her become a child again like that.

    And I hear you on your last paragraph -- we do ALL we do to make other's happy. I find I receive so much more joy in return that all the hard work makes it worth it!

    I love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia