Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baking: Hamburger cupcakes




Recently, Bakerella made these cupcakes. I want to make them for our Fourth of July party and thought I would practice and take them to a lake party we were invited to this weekend.

First start with a brownie mix and spread very thin. The brownies baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, due to the thinness of the mixture. Cut with a 2 inch round cutter.





I baked yellow cake cupcakes and cut them horizontally.

Flipped the top upside down

And cut with the same cutter I used on the brownies.

Look here is the brownie with the cupcake. I found it amazing that the brownie looked so much like a hamburger.


Next, we mixed food coloring in the icing.


Note, always wear gloves when mixing food coloring.


Get the hamburgers ready for the condiments.

First ketchup and mustard.....


Next add the lettuce.

Put the top on.


Don't they look like hamburgers?


Everyone seemed to enjoy them.


This fabulous lady is my new model.


And how cute is this little girl.


Since they were so successful for the Lake party, we are going to remake them for the Fourth. They did not take very long to make but everyone loved them. Next, I will show you the fries we made to go with the hamburgers.

8 comments:

  1. Those look awesome....YUMMMMMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun they look! And not very difficult! THanks for sharing. You have the BEST ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Great idea. I would love if you put them on my Share your Recipe Sunday posts. You can add it to a past one (I didn't do it on Father's Day) and it will still be on Mr. Linky for next Sunday.
    I am going to have to try this.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. STOP THE CUTE MADNESS!!!

    My kids would definitely eat THOSE burgers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!!! How cute are those?!?! I must copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I bet they were yummy too!!
    Great idea for the 4th!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were delicious!!! And what a good looking model!!! Thanks for the picture Cynthia. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you on Saturday. You inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative idea! Would be great for an outdoor bbq. And thanks for stopping by and saying hi! :)
    ~Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia