Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cooking: Quiches

I love quiche and my sister-in-law requested quiches for my niece's wedding brunch. It was an honor to help her in any way I could, so I was whipped up some quiches for the brunch.

I decided on three types of quiche; Classic Quiche Lorraine, Spinach and Bacon Quiche and Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche.

I pre-baked the pie crusts. This step is not necessary but since I am freezing the quiches and transporting them, pre-baking them would give the crust a little more stamina.

For the Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche, I sauteed some garlic and onion. When they were translucent, add sliced mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are soft.


I steamed a bunch of asparagus. Let cooled and cut in 1 inch pieces.


For the Quiche Lorraine, I cut up ham and 1/2 onion into small uniform pieces.




For the Spinach and Bacon Quiche, I cooked 10 oz of spinach in water for 4 minutes. Drained and squeezed all the excess water out. I had bacon that was already cooked so I crumbled it and added it to the spinach.



Quiches ready for the cheese and egg mixture.


Add eggs, nutmeg. Don't you love my nutmeg grinder. I do... and it is so handy.



Cream, salt and pepper.


Ready for cheese.


2 cups of Swiss cheese per quiche.



Pour cream mixture very carefully until the quiche is full.



Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.



So I made the quiches, my daughter carefully took the pictures and we both forgot to take pictures of the quiches baked and out of the oven. I will put some pictures up at the brunch.

Quiche is a quick and easy dish that can use leftovers. Give it a try.



Basic quiche recipe:

2 c. Swiss cheese
2 c. heavy cream
4 eggs
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I'm starving & you put up these exquisitely prepared quiches. Time out ... I have to go eat~ TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I haven't made quiche in a long time and we love it! I'll have some of the spinach and bacon, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quiche. I have no one to eat it with me. Baroooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Again, I am the only one who would eat it! I have a stinky family, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the same recipe I use and always get raves over my quiche. I know from previous posts that you're making tons of these! I'm sure they will be the hit of the brunch! Enjoy your day and yes, post pictures of the brunch, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is nothing better than quiche lorraine! one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia