Friday, June 12, 2009

Gardening: Willow Trellis

I am growing green beans. I planted them late because we had a new bed built. But beans need something to grow on. So again, with beauty and function in mind. I bought these willow trellises, from Gardener's Supply, again.


Look how pretty it is with my lavender.



Here are my little beans.




Again, one of my garden helpers. OOOps, I need to take off the tag.




I apply the same principles to home as to my yard. Beautiful and functional accessories that add interest and may not be expensive. Look around your yard and start to think of it as an extension of your home. Kimba from a Soft Place to Land on Tuesday, June 16th. She is a very creative blogger who I admire very much. I will be there, will you!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen those. I am doing a little late gardening to and those would definitely come in handy. Found you by way of Stacy@Poofing the Pillows, and I am enjoying your posts. Have a great weekend. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My yard is definitely an extension of my house. Just wish I had some better furniture out there...some day.

    I can't wait to see the vines growing up that gorgeous trellis. It will be beautiful! Don't you just love working in the yard? I am pretty darn happy out there even if it's pulling weeds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. Can't wait to see it when the beans start climbing. Be sure to give us an updated picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feedsack FantasyJune 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

    Never have seen this trellis for beans before. We hand strung them to look similar to this, tho. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia