Monday, June 22, 2009

Paper Crafts: Father's Day Card


My husband didn't want a darn thing for Father's Day. He eventually asked for a couple of small things that he needed but I could not let Father's Day pass without letting him know how special he is to the children and I. In addition, since he is now working in New Mexico, 1400 miles away from his family, I thought he could use some love from the kids. So far away.

I took some of the stationary I had and glued fourteen cards together, front to back.



Created an accordian

I printed off 24 pictures to create a story of what he meant to them. We glued them in and I let the kids raid my scrapbook stash and write meaningful things to their father.



My husband is famous for his fabulous popcorn.... hence the cover. We tied the card together with ribbon.


I thought he was a little teary when he read it.

Isn't it cute.


A sample page.


This is pictures of both kids after graduating boot camp.


It was a long card and filled on both sides.

On the last page, the kids wrote a special note to their father.

The pictures -$4.94.
The paper and scrapbook supplies, I already had.
The kids sharing their thoughts on their father... priceless

5 comments:

  1. Okay, now I feel like a real loser wife...Hallmark really isn't the same, huh?!

    Plus, I didn't even get him a gift -- he wants a new grill and that was something I wasn't going to pick out for him. Is that so wrong????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, that is precious!! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas! I was just thinking of some ways I could say thank you to a beloved Aunt - by using a similar idea!
    Have a nice evening.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a fabulous idea. I really do not like buying traditional cards in a card store. I don't like standing there and reading them. I would love to do this!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very neat idea, Cynthia. I'll bet he loved it. You're right, that kind of gift really is priceless. A gift from the heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia