Monday, June 29, 2009

Paper Crafts: Fourth of July Invitations


The Fourth of July is my second favorite holiday, second only to Christmas. I love the fireworks, pies, ice cream, hamburgers, sparklers, flags and the patriotic songs. So to honor the holiday, we are having a big party with the whole neighborhood on the Fourth of July.

I wanted to make some wonderful invitations for the friends and neighbors to come to our house....

So I found everything scrap of red, white and blue I could find.



Stamped the inside of some white stationary:


Glued, stickered, stamped, cut out and sparkled my way through the invitations.



I use to think that every invitation had to be the same but no one will compare invites so why not make each one a little special.



Here are a few samples:



I have a couple of much older lady friends and included a note for them to bring their bathing suits or birthday suits....


All addressed and ready to mail.



This blog post is for all my wonderful blog friends to come and party at my house and remember to bring a bathing suit.... but if you must, you can bring your birthday suit.

5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. Do you know the secret to creating time? *sigh* Why can't I get finished all that you do in one day?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia, Those are aborable invitations!!! Honey, you don't want to see me in my bathing suit or BD suit...lol ;) Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those invitations are adorable. I can only imagine how great the party must be. You go to so much detail it has to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the different invitations -- so cute and you get to use lots more of your crafting stash!

    And if we weren't going to be elsewhere, you know I'd be up for the roadtrip -- cause girl, I'd be coming just for those hamburger cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is an older post, but just wanted to say - those are THE cutest 4th invitations I've ever seen! How many did you make total?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia