Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Sewing: A sneak peak

I promised my sister a sneak peak today of the dress I am smocking for my niece.

It is my first official dress that I have smocked and I can't stand to wait until it is finished for you to see it. The smocking will come across her chest so it doesn't look babyish.... She is too old for baby clothes.



Here is the gorgeous fabric.




Another look!! The smocking is all hand sewn.




I hope she likes it!!!




Okay, I have been getting ready for my niece's wedding, her brunch for a 100 that I am catering, my husband moving home from upstate TN to move the next day to New Mexico and my daughter moving home for good after 6 years away between college and the Navy. You cannot believe how messy my house is and my sister is coming for the wedding next Thursday.... Okay, I feel better......

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Well done! Looks like an heirloom already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...that is absolutely beautiful!!!

    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my guest post! Always appreciated!!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress. You are inspiring me more and more to get my smocker out and do more. I should scan the picture of the one finished project I have. Will put it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved anything smocked when my daughter was little. I love smocking and cannot believe you know how to do it!! Isn't it hard? I would think so! Can't wait to see the finished project! Enjoy the next few BUSY weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful! I can't believe you have time to do all that you do. Wow. I look forward to seeing your finished product. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is going to be unbelievably adorable -- and what a beautiful gift!!! You have such an incredibly generous heart -- which is one of the many reasons I love you!

    And I can relate to the madness in your life. You should see my house -- it is OUT.OF.CONTROL -- and I'm out galavanting all over town, lunching with the girls, shopping for pandora, drinks with friends -- like I'm a woman with all this leisure time on my hands.

    Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breath deeply. You have alot going on there.

    Your smocking is amazing. You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I told Avery about the dress and will show her tonight, she is VERY excited about it!! It looks so cute, I can't wait to see it!!
    See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feedsack FantasyJune 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM

    I remember when Mother used to do that to our dresses. Darling ... love the memories. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!! I know you was proud of that! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia