Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Baking: Blueberry Pie


I love blueberries. I love them so much, we spent two hours picking blueberries the other day.

Fourth of July tradition for us is making a fantastic blueberry pie for dessert.

Sprinkle lemon juice on berries. Mix flour, sugar and cornstarch. Add to berries and lightly toss. Set aside while making crust. I used a refrigerator pie crust.



Crimp to seal edges.



Add slits to allow air to escape.




Beat an egg and brush on top of pie. Sprinkle with sugar.





Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees for 45 minutes.




This pie is so delicious and always a hit. You will love it.


Blueberry Pie

1T lemon juice

5 c. blueberry

2 T flour

1 c sugar

2 T cornstarch

1 T butter

Glaze

1 egg white

2 T sugar

1 t brown sugar


Sprinkle lemon juice on berries. Mix flour, sugar and cornstarch. Add to berries and lightly toss. Spoon filling into unbaked crust. Dot with butter. Roll out second ball and cover pie.

Beat an egg and brush on top of pie. Sprinkle with sugar.

Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia. :) Your pie looks wonderful. I'd like a little vanilla ice cream with mine please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy-yum! We have a few plants and just got our first berries!

    Happy Wed. Cynthia! Looks like you had a blast on 4th of July.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on my way over...if you're not home..just leave it on the porch...lol ;) YUMMY it looks so good! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore fruit pies. And blueberry is one of my favorites!!! Looks beautiful and delicious at the same time! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberry is my hubby's favorite, but he likes the crumb topping! My tummy is growling now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome...can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia