Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cooking: Lobster Rolls

During the summer, I try to find light and interesting meals to serve. Seafood is not only a perfect choice as it is usually light but also it can be prepared very quickly.

To start, I lightly buttered each side of the gourmet hot dog buns grilled.




Start with one pound of lobster meat, cooked.




Then added the juice of 1/2 lemon, hot sauce, salt and pepper.




Chop the celery to small pieces.



Add 4 T. of Mayonnaise and lightly toss.




Add the lobster to the roll and garnish.




While lobster is expensive, this meal was less costly then a dinner out for four. Besides, lobster is super delicious and it was very easy to fix.


Lobster Rolls

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 4 hot dog buns or kaiser rolls, split
  • 1 pound cooked and cubed lobster meat
  • 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 dash hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
  • 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Lightly butter the insides of the buns or rolls and grill each side. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper until well blended. Mix in the celery, then lightly mix in the lobster so it just gets coated without falling apart.
  3. Stuff the lobster filling into the buns

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, Hope you are having a wonderful week!!! Bet you are loving this weather we are having here!!! I know I am! Your lobster rolls look great! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, love lobster rolls. Do you buy fresh lobster and shell it to make this? I've never tried the faux stuff, it's just couldn't be like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would be in lobster heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would love this! Looks pretty simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! I can't wait to try this sometime. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, yes, I want to know more about the lobster. Where'd you get it? Did you cook it? I want the scoop....

    And two summers ago when we rented a house on the coast of Maine, I ate lobster in some form every day for 8 days. I was in heaven!

    Red's Eats had the best Lobster Roll I've ever had -- they've even been featured on the Today show. I can almost taste the butter just thinking about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is an awesome seafood store here. I broiled the Lobster tail for 10 minutes and then removed it from the shell. Very easy.

    I could have grilled it and it would have been good that way also.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum. This looks delicious. We hardly ever have lobster because of the cost, but for a special dinner, this would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that looks heavenly!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia