Thursday, July 09, 2009

Cooking: Stuffed Campari Tomatoes

I opened up the Paula Deen Magazine and oh my goodness, I found the picture of these tomatoes.




They looked so good that I knew I just had to make them for the company we had this last week.

Start with Campari Tomatoes. They are easily found in the grocery store and larger than a cherry tomato but smaller than a regular tomato.



I also had to toast my pecans and chop them.




Slice a small amount off the bottom of the tomato to allow it to sit straight.




Also cut off the top of tomato and using a melon baller, remove the pulp from the tomato. I used my measuring spoons because I could not find my melon baller.




Sprinkle with salt and pepper and invert the tomato to allow the juice to escape for 10 minutes.



Next take out the boursin cheese and allow to soften. This cheese is fantastic. I am going to have to use it more often.



Meanwhile, mix spinach, cheese, 1/2 c. pecans, salt and pepper.

Mix well.


Combine and put in ziploc bag to pipe or spoon into the tomatoes.





These would make a great appetizer and were a wonderful side dish for my dinner of Roasted chicken and Rosemary potatoes. Give them a try.





Stuffed Campari tomatoes

1 lb. Campari tomatoes
1/4 t. black pepper
1/4 t. salt
3 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained dry
1 5.2 oz. pkg garlic and fine herbs Boursin cheese, softened.
3/4 c. finely chopped toasted pecans, divided
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

6 comments:

  1. I really admire that you are not intimidated by any recipe or project! Really! I would look at that recipe and think, "Oh that looks so good...too hard." You set good example to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so yummy! I make a stuffed tomato but use ricotta cheese. Never tried that cheese either. But if you say it's good, I'll try it! Will give them a try, hubby loves stuffed tomatoes! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are dee-lish! TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD!!! You have no idea how much I LOVE TOMATOES STUFFED WITH ANYTHING -- but BOURSIN -- YUM!!! Boursin totally rocks -- and I could probably eat it straight up out of the foil -- is that so wrong????

    And I would have never ever thought of using the ziploc bag -- that's a genius idea -- cause I was all like "how do you get the filling in to those little tomatoes?"

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia