Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Fourth of July Menu


Fourth of July Menu:

Hamburgers
Hot dogs
Bratwurst
Potato Salad
Baked Beans
Chips and Dip
Veggie Platter
Deviled Eggs
Cole Slaw
Watermelon Fruit Basket
Cake pops
Hamburger cupcakes
Blueberry Pie
Cherry Pie
Peach Pie
Home-made ice cream

Here is the menu so far for our Fourth of July Blow Out. I am making the pies, potato salad, baked beans, cupcakes and cake pops. My friends and neighbors are bringing side dishes and some desserts.

I have to tell you, that is a first for me. I usually try to make everything for parties but I have decided that I need to delegate and give myself time to enjoy the party and my friends. We are also hosting several out of town guests.

What type of hostess are you? Are you a delegator or do you stress and try to make everything yourself?

4 comments:

  1. I usually try to do it all myself. I NEED to learn to allow people to bring things. This may help me to have a more relaxed and enjoyable time! :)

    Your party seems lovely.
    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! What time do the festivities begin! Just kidding...and yes, I have finally learned to give up some control and delegate as well. I think many of us want everything to be perfect for our guests, but all the guests really want is your good company! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I feel your pain. I often times try to do it all, however for holidays and we have a large family number coming, everyone is good about bringing things. It's a tremendous help.

    Your menu sounds really, really good and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu is wonderful! Everything sounds so delicious. I enjoy entertaining everything from the food right down to the placement of everything. It can get stressful but when the time come it always turns out fine and everyone relaxes and has fun! So I guess the stress is worth it.
    Have a great fourth...it sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia