Friday, July 10, 2009

Gardening: Tomato Stakes


When I started this vegetable garden, one of the challenges was to make the garden look pretty.

One of the problems with tomatoes is they need to be staked and finding a pretty stake can be hard. I ran across these tomato ladders and knew they would work beautifully in my garden. Not only do they "disappear" into the landscape but the stakes are functional. The tomato ladders stack easily and do not take up any room in the winter.

This is my garden on May 31st. The tomatoes are in the far right upper corner. Hard to see the 8 tomato stakes I have installed.



The tomatoes today. I also staked the roma tomatoes on the left.

The tomato stake or ladder is a V that allows you to support the tomato plant as it gets bigger.


And look, tomatoes that are almost ready. I will be canning tomatoes, tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce this summer. And by the size and number of tomatoes, I will be working soon.


How does your garden look? And how are you going to store your summer goodies?

10 comments:

  1. Wow your garden is beautiful! One of the reasons we haven't grown veggies in years is that the garden ends up pretty ugly. You seem to have mastered that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Cynthia, YOur garden is pretty!!! I can tell you have spent a lot of time and sweat into your garden! It shows! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! Sure beats the ugly metal round things my dad and I used when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your garden belongs on the cover of a magazine! Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous garden you have kept. Your bounty looks really good.
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. No garden this year.... :(

    But, as I've said before, your garden is amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!! I have serious garden envy!

    Friday HUGS! (Wow! How'd it get to be Friday already!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cynthia for the sweet prayers.Hugs.

    Looks like you and I are going to have tomatoes about the same time,I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cynthia, we just ate our FIRST tomato the other night. I'm getting excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh!! Wow!! So beautiful tomato ladders from Gardeners Supply... It is really best for a garden!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia