Monday, July 20, 2009

Organizing: The Garage #2

This week, we spent 5 hours cleaning and organizing the garage. With the before pictures in mind, here is the progress so far.

The kids helped demolish the cabinets and remove all the hardware, nails and wood.



My son was all the muscle for this project.



We have two loads to the dump to remove all the debris. This side of the garage has been pressure washed and ready to fill holes and paint, which we start today.



All of the remaining items have been moved to this side of the basement and I have ordered the tools we are going to use to organize this space.


Okay, so five hours of work, two people... Looks a little better.

5 comments:

  1. We did this last year. Or, I should say I did most of the work. Hubby moved all his "stuff" out into the new shed he built and I was left organizing everything. We were so smart...we picked the HOTTEST DAY of the summer. It was 90 degrees by 7:30 in the morning. And we started at 6:00. Every time I took a break, I took a shower. About 3 that day. I couldn't handle the sweat and kept saying, "Why did I decide to do this now?" But the end result was so worth it! Can't wait to see yours! I'm sure it's going to be LOVELY! Everything you touch is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You know that's on my list too. It's just too hot though. I had hoped to do it earlier in the summer and didn't. Now it's a fall project. That will be the best when it's done. I'm proud that your kids are helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's forward progress -- it looks better already! What color are you painting it?

    So exciting! Can't wait to see the finished project -- but I love seeing it all happen in steps!

    You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so envious....this is on my list also, way down the road. So great that you had that awesome help! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a lot better already...doesn't it make you feel better already?
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia