Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Organizing: The Garage #3

The garage has pretty much consumed my last week. It is always interesting to me when I start a project, slowly, carefully and as we see the end of the tunnel.... I jump the gun and work like a dog to get it done. Not at all how I pictured it would be.

Remember where we started and how much we completed after the first week.


We installed the Rubbermaid Fast Track track system. I really love it. First, it was much less expensive than the wall track systems you can purchase through the hardware stores or specialty dealers. Second, it is very versatile. Third, the hardware is very sturdy. Each long track can hold 2,000 pounds. I will add another small track in the garage but I am done for now, here. The small track was approximately $9 and the larger track was about $20.


Next, we demolished the cabinets on this side and caulked all the holes.


Here it is after. My work crew; my daughter and her boyfriend, did a fantastic job painting while I was decorating sugar cookies.

Doesn't it look fantastic!!!


Oh but now we have to do the floor!!!!



But what did I do with everything in the garage? Oh goodness, now everything we own is sitting in the driveway.

7 comments:

  1. I know that feels so good to be getting the garage all clean and shiny. Still on our list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope your neighbors don't think you're throwing all of it away and come and help themselves! See,that's the girl from Queens, NY still in me!!!

    You looks good so far! Can't wait to see what you do to the floor! Ours has a nice size crack in it that hubby hates!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys are really going all out on this. It is looking great. The track system looks wonderful, I'll look for it. If I convince husband we need a gargage makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys rock! S and the man did an awesome job on the painting. I'm SO IMPRESSED!!! I love the teamwork -- that's just the best! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get this kind of 'clean' look about 3 times a year ... even our construction guy said 'they have all kinds of wall & storage units, Marydon' ... Hello! Mr. Stop n'drop doesn't et it ... chuckle!! Yours looks so good & I am green with envy ... TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great job;0) Clean, fresh, and organized. Just how I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia