Thursday, July 23, 2009

Paper: A Diaper Cake


I needed a cute little centerpiece for the baby shower. There are beautiful, elaborate diaper cakes but I just wanted to make a little diaper cake. So I started with a 40 pack of size 2 Pampers.



Stretch out the diaper.




Roll up from the Sesame Street end.




Once the diaper is rolled, secure it with a rubber band.



We rolled 32 diapers and bundled in groups of 5, except the top of the cake.


The top of the cake is bundled in a group of seven.


The bottom of the cake, we held the 25 diapers or 5 bundles with one large rubber band. By adjusting the diapers, we were able to make it round.



Next we wanted to make the sides a little smoother. So I worked an open diaper under the rubber band. Three diapers covered the bottom with the Sesame Street characters tucked under the bottom of another diaper.



We wrapped ribbon around the "cake" and tied securely.



Embellished with a few extra bows.




And some cute firemen ducks and shredded paper.



And you have a cute diaper cake centerpiece. $8.47 for the diapers, $.99 for the shredded paper and $5.00 for 5 rubber duckies.

A total of $14.46. And the momma can use the diapers.



I used size 2 diapers for 14 to 18 lbs babies so they can enjoy the diaper cake for a little while before they need the diapers.

10 comments:

  1. That is absolutely adorable Cynthia. You just think of every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I've always wondered how those were made exactly. Thanks for the detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is absolutely darling ... who would've thought! Someone is going to have a lovely shower ... TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, loved the tutorial! You are amazing!!!

    And I loved how you used it using diapers a little bigger, so they can enjoy it for, I don't know, a week or so! Those babies grow fast!!! :)

    Can't wait for all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, I'll keep your instructions again, like the pom poms! Love the fun colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sooo cute!!! I have always wondered about how to do those! Thanks for showing us the wonderful tutorial! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your little diaper cake with the fireman ducks...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Deborah

    http://maternitymotherhood.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. 女性会員様増加につき、当サイトの出張ホストが不足中です。女性の自宅やホテルに出向き、欲望を満たすお手伝いをしてくれる男性アルバイトをただいま募集していますので、興味のある方はTOPページから無料登録をお願いいたします

    ReplyDelete
  10. 最近様々なメディアで紹介されている家出掲示板では、全国各地のネットカフェ等を泊り歩いている家出少女のメッセージが多数書き込みされています。彼女たちはお金がないので掲示板で知り合った男性とすぐに遊びに行くようです。あなたも書き込みに返事を返してみませんか

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia